Monday, March 06, 2006

The Giant and the Newest

Hi all!
I finished my Giant Clapotis with the 3 hanks of CTH DK Silk/Merino in Cabin Fever, and started on the other one. These were my Kwan and Hughes for the Knitting Olympics, and I am determined to finish them BOTH. Yes, I will agree with you all, the pattern is addicting and the fact that I am working on my 4th shawl is proof enough. :)
There are pictures at the bottom of the page on my Clapotis photo section. The newest Clapotis is being made with James Brett's pink Marble which is distributed by Kertzer. This self striping yarn has a trace of a halo and even though it is acrylic, the dropped stitches seem to stick like mohair does.
The folded Giant
Feel free to post your comments here or on my site!

Very excited to finally wear a Clapotis I've knitted,
Kimberly
=:8
http://www.somebunnyslove.com

3 Comments:

Blogger buttercup said...

Beautiful! I've used that Marble yarn before (for a large cowl/neck warmer/hood thingy) and it's really nice and warm. I do have some in another colorway (the blues) and now you've given me the idea to start another Clapotis with it.

I used up almost all three skeins of my CTH silk/merino also. It sure is a big sucker, but I love it and tote it to work every day. I never know when it's going to be cold in out new building (which has been often). I couldn't have picked a better KO project.

Keep knittin!
Chris

11:51 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

way to catch up! i can't believe youa re already that far along on the second one--great work! they both look great!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice blog.

Did you visit my blog???

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home