Monday, February 13, 2006

I am the MK of the Clapotis Team :(

Yeah, I'm withdrawing. Or at least, I'm withdrawing from attempting to finish the darn thing by the end of the Olympics. I cast on (and off) and tried the knitting 3 times before giving up - once Friday, once Saturday, and once Sunday. I figure I'll give myself some time to recover from my "injuries" and make another go of it soon.

I think the stress of dealing with the deadline, my carpal tunnel problems, and yarn that was not meant to be knit with have added up to a project that I am dreading rather than looking forward to. I will eventually have a Clapotis, but its not gonna be by the end of this month (unless the planets align themselves and the gods favor me with more patience, more time, and less pain in my wrists).

Bah.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

oh dang... that sucks! If it weren't for the pain involved I would tell you not to give up. However, there is nothing worse than working on something that you hate or will come to hate if you push it too much ;) Keep knitting as much as your wrists and interest-level will let you!

8:03 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

yeah joan, even if you don't make it for the knitting olympics, you have to keep going with that lucious yarn when you can! i have carpal tunnel, too, so i can relate--that's part of why i am going so slowly. hope your wrists and hands feel better soon, and we would still love to see your progress as you make it!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiming in here to say, I'd rather you stick around and knit at your own pace and when yout CT will allow than you stressing out over the deadline. Remember, being part of this is also getting to know the other knit-letes.

Take care of yourself!
Chris

11:28 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Thanks, everyone! I plan on doing some work on it this week and weekend (I'm volunteering at a skating event, and will have time when I'm just sitting around), and we'll see how it all goes.

Maybe I should have stuck to my original KO plan, which was socks. So much smaller! ;)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home