Monday, February 13, 2006

Chuggin' along ...

Didn't get as much done as I had hoped last night. Ah, well, there are still many days to go.

Some asked about the yarn I'm using. It's a 65%wool/35%sheared mink blend called Reynolds Debut. The color is a deep moss green. I'm not sure this yarn is even available anymore as I bought it remaindered 8 or so years ago. I'm extremely happy with the way it's knitting, and wish I could get more!

Had an "ah sh*t" moment when I dropped my first stitch to make ladder #1. There's a large hole at the top!!! I'm closing in on the next drop, so I'll see if it's supposed to be that way. If not, one can always fix with needle and yarn where one has made a boo boo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Actually, there are holes at the top and the bottom of each zipper. They will close up a bit as you knit above it but they don't look like mistakes in the final product.

4:14 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

there's a picture of ann's gorgeous yarn on her blog at http://shuttleandewestudio.blogspot.com/. i am DYING to touch it! and well--i am dying to know how in the hell you shear a mink without it tearing you to bits, too! those little suckers may be soft, but they are MEAN too!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home