Monday, February 13, 2006

Chugging Along




Here is an upclose photo of my Clapotis so that you can see the colorway and another one to reflect my progress so far. I'm really happy with the colors and the yarn is wonderful to work with. Really smooth and knits easily. It is the ArtYarn color 106 in merino so I can't wait to see Songbird's photo as she is using the same color in their silk. Hers will probably be better actually though as I'm finding that this yarn may be a little thick for a clapotis and using something a little lighter might make it flow/hang better when you are wearing it. I guess we'll just have to see how this turns out as I can't bear to frogg it and start with another yarn! I didn't get as much knitting time as I would like this weekend as those pesky kids actually expected some attention - go figure! Now it's the work week and I'll be luck to finish much this week but have a big drive ahead of me for vacation next week so I'm hoping I can make a lot of progress then. So far I've finished the increase rows and am about 1/2 way through the first straight set. I'm starting to get rid of stitch markers and feeling more comfortable with the reverse knitting/purling to "mark the spot". I must say I'm a bit intimidated by the progress of others especially as I surf around to websites and see that people have finished half a sweater by now! Amazing. Maybe some day I'll be able to knit that fast . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Duh! I asked what yarn you has used and the realized you had already said further down. Anyway, I love this colorway... your Clapotis is gonna be beautiful!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks so pretty! The silk has more of a sheen. I'm going to take a picture later this evening, still working on the increase section.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home