Saturday, February 25, 2006

Je suis fini!

I finished yesterday at work, uh, "during my lunch break." See pics here.

The Brooks Farm Harmony (wool/silk/mohair) looks and feels great now, but dropping those stitches was a pain in the ass. Every single ladder rung required a stiff finger jab, with every tenth requiring scissors (scary!). Also, I only had 500 yards, and Knithole's incomplete scarf scared me so much, I started decreasing before I had to. I now have enough left for at least two more straight section repeats. Oh well. I have my gold medal and a rockin' scarf!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great, so the effort was worth it (at least to the viewer). One small thing - Je suis fini means "I'm dead." J'ai fini means "I'm finished." After all that tugging, I can imagine you feel like it's the former LOL!

11:07 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

it looks great, lauren! it works well as a scarf.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home