Sunday, February 12, 2006

Me too, me too!

I too ripped out five hours of Clapotis knitting to begin again with new yarn, needles, purl stitches instead of markers, and "mirroring" twisted stitches. Despite Jackie's kind encouragement to continue with the plain grey yarn I was working with, I switched to this magenta, but only really because I was afraid I didn't have enough of the grey. Here's my new work:

I'm going to do a wide band with the darker yarn in the center of the scarf, I think. I haven't seen a striped clapotis yet- I'm looking forward to seeing what that turns out like.

3 Comments:

Blogger taterbabies said...

Ohhhhhhh nice, deep color! Can't wait to see more.

10:45 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

that really is a great color. in fact, i think it matches my variegated yarn quite nicely. i still liked the grey, too though. you'll just have to do BOTH now!

what color is your darker stripe going to be?

12:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

This is another one, like Jackie's, that's going to look great when the 'zippers' are started :)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home