Saturday, February 18, 2006

In for the Bronze!


I'm done too! I just finished, yay!! I had to do a hard push today because I will be traveling for work next week and this thing has gotten well beyond the portable stage ;)

For anyone thinking about using Noro Silk Garden. I HATED having to work at dropping the stiches, absolutely hated it! My next Clapotis will be out of teflon yarn so I can experinece the joy of pulling and watching the dropped stich just zip down the ladder :) It is also heavier yarn so this is more like a shawl rather than a scarf.

I haven't had time to comment individually on everyone's posts but all of the various yarns and colorways are just gorgeous! I have a bad habit of getting the yarn/colorway shown in a pattern's picture stuck in my head and sometimes find it impossible to picture the item in anything else. Being able to see all the variations here has made me braver about what to pick for my next Clapotis.

Team Clapotis ROCKS!

5 Comments:

Blogger buttercup said...

I was wondering how the Silk Garden was going to work out. But I love the way it looks.

Also, the 2006 KO only has one medal - gold. Just quoting the official rules... So congrats on your gold medal!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Well thanks! I just went and reread the info and you are right :) Congrats to you as well!

9:03 PM  
Blogger taterbabies said...

Gold it is! And your yarn may have given you fits but wow is it gorgeous.

10:57 PM  
Blogger jessie said...

the yarn choice was excruciating on this project, especially after seeing everyone else's beautiful colors.... but in the end everyone's clapotis looks gorgeous, don't you think? Cheap yarn or fancy yarn, plain or rainbow, it's just a lovely pattern.

12:50 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

fits or not--i may have to use this yarn next time--it's just wonderful.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home