Thursday, February 09, 2006

New Member

Hi Team clapotis!!

This is my first official knit a long and I'm looking forward to it. I'm on disability right now after having major back surgery on the first. I'm pretty confined to reclining and walking. I'm hoping this will mean I'll get through my clapotis quickly!!!

Before my surgery I picked up a TON of yarn at Hobby Lobby at 50% off, so I'll use one of those sets for my clapotis. I'll try and get a picture of my yarn soon. How worried is everyone about gauge on this one? I mean if my yarn has a higher gauge it will just make a bigger scarf/shawl, right? I don't have a problem with that, but wanted to double check.

Anyway, I'm off to finish off another shawl I hope to sell. I'm hoping to maybe make a little money off my knitting while I'm on disability.

2 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

hey shelly, if i were you i would knit a gauge swatch so that you can figure out if you are going to run out of yarn if your gauge is wildly bigger than what the pattern calls for. but if you have enough yarn, then i say go for it! nothing wrong with a bigger wrap/scarf, and it's not like it has to fit. :)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shelly,
Yeah - the yardage will be effected if your swatch isn't the same as what the pattern calls for. Since you are recovering and it might be hard for you to get out for more yarn, knit up a swatch and see where you land.

I did knit up a swatch, but mostly because I couldn't wait to knit with the yarn I chose.

Let us know what you decide.
Chris

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home