Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My yarn for the Clapotis!

Hiya! I'm really looking forward to this... I've not done a KAL before much less knitting as an Olympic sport :)

The yarn I have for my Clapotis is Noro's Silk Garden in color #08. I am actively lusting after the yarn that Jackie picked (estelle in colorway orion - see below) and had to order some for my self... I picked Tender is the Night in the same yarn. It won't be here before Friday though :(

I have to be truthful here. I have knit a Clapotis before. I used Filati FF Shine. I will snap a better picture and post it here in a few days.

Ladies, warm up your needles! Wait... do we have any guys? Okay, just in case... Knitters! Warm up your needles :)

2 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

yay for axelle's fabulous cashmere! i ALMOST got the tender is the night colorway instead of orion--it was a close thing. and i LOVE this yarn you have chosen, too--i think we have pretty similar taste, susan! and also--thank goodness SOMEONE on this blog has made a clapotis before! i am going to need all the help i can get!!! how long did your first one take?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I seem to remember that it took about a mothn of calendar time (while knitting other things) but was probably about a solid 5 days worth taking into account the startup rows and getting used to slowing down for the twists etc.

BTW I used the purl methid rather than markers and it seemed to go faster.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home