Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Somewhat of a Snag

I have run into a bit of a snag while finishing the first ball (all 313 yards of it, BABY!) of my Clapotis. I never noticed until last night that the frogged yarn is more weathered than the unused ball (same exact die lot!) that I used. Which means that 2/3 of the Clapotis will be softer looking than the brighter 1/3 that I knitted... Oh BOY. :(

At this point, I am debating on continuing on or just making another Clapotis. I really want to use the yarn, and am thinking that with enough wear and tear, the shades might not be noticible. But if my husband can see the difference... Another thought is that I can attempt to sun-bleach the fabric now, work on another project, and hope that the WIP lightens up enough for me to finish by the Closing Ceremonies.
Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a shot when I was almost done with the increased sets:

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I'd keep knitting a bit and see how it looks. In the end the clapotis sort of slouches together and differences aren't as noticeable as when it is stretched out for a photo. Just a thought. And if you don't like it then when you frog it it will look like the other yarn :-)

9:45 AM  
Blogger jackie said...

what's your yarn made of? it may also be that you can throw it in the dryer on low heat with a dryer sheet after you have blocked and dried it. the heat will relax the fibers a bit and kinf of fluff them out if you are using natural animal fiber (wool, mohair, cashmere, etc.) just a thought. It looks good so far! :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

UPDATE: I will go on (No, not like Titanic, thank you!). So 313 yards down, 626 to go! Thanks to everyone here for your input!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home