Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm a little disappointed...

Here I was counting on the opening ceremonies being broadcast live, but no such luck (tv schedule is here). I was going to take over the TV we have in the kitchen at work and watch and knit at 2PM. But there isn't any olympic coverage till 7:30 PM. Oh well - I'll find someone to strike a match for me at 2 when I cast on. (hahahahaha!) I wondedr if it will be live on the web. I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, I'll be spending most of my weekend with my knitting, my TV and my laundry. I was counting on the Olympic events being televised all day Saturday and Sunday, but the coverage starts at 3 and ends at 6 and then is on again in the evening. Looks like I'll be watching movies on the off times.

I know this sounds like a very lazy weekend, but I need to get a good jump on my knitting so that when I only have evenings to knit I won't feel like I've fallen behind. This justification is just for myself. I'm feeling a little guilty about the sloth.

Less than 24 hours to cast on! GO TEAM!
Chris

2 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

ok--i just read "Less than 24 hours to cast on!: and actually felt a little panicky! i haven't had time to knit a swatch yet, and i need to make sure i have enough stitch markers and practice this whole pfb thing! ack!!!

i am a little disappointed abotu the poor television coverage of the olympics as well. but dude--your weekend does NOT sound slothful--you are an olympian!!! just think how badly your hands are going to hurt on sunday night! and if you, like me, have a pesky day job, what choice do you have but to knit all weekend! :)

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Captain! Yes, I've decided you're team captain. I'll try not to feel the pangs of guilt come Sunday afternoon, when I'm still doing my laundry and increase rows. ;)

You just brought to mind that I have one of those therapeutic hot wax thingies... I might have to rev that up this weekend to keep my hands in good shape for 16 days of knitting. I wish I could share it with y'all!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home