Thursday, February 09, 2006

Nervous Newbie

Hi all! It's getting down to the wire, and I'm having last minute jitters. My first swatch is refusing to unravel, I've decided I don't like this yarn after all, and I want different needles. I'm doing mine (whether I like it or not) in Brooks Farm Duet which I bought at the Taos Wool Festival last year specifically to do clapotis. Amazingly soft and stunning colorway, but the splitting is going to drive me nuts. Must go stock up on red wine and chocolate.....

3 Comments:

Blogger jackie said...

mmmm, wine and chocolate sound fabulous. and i am obviously going to have to check out this brookss farm yarn--i have never heard of that brand before...

12:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lauren - I can't wait to hear how you like the Harmony. I was looking at that yarn for my next Clappy. What color did you choose?

4:57 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

hey paige, maybe you want to try some sharper tipped needles if you are having trouble with splitting. i know that a couple of times, using boye or lantern moon needles has saved me when clovers and addis have been splitting my yarn all over the place. i think lauren's using some rosewood neeldes that look pretty sharp, too. just a thought...

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home