Saturday, February 25, 2006

Literally down to the wire. . .

. . . with 20 some hours to go I have finished knitting and weaving in the ends. Now it lay to rest to dry. And if I have to I will get out the blow dryer to get it dry on time. Most of you probably already know that I ran out of yarn with only a few decreases left to knit. I managed to get another ball of yarn and begged the lady to get it out to me that day. So when I went to check my mail yesterday and found no package but just an extremely high gas bill, I almost cried (not because of the $270 gas bill but because there was no yarn to finish my Clapotis). I've managed to hold it together as well as possible, but this was the last straw. Why were the Knitting gods against me so? What did I do to deserve this? But alas it showed up today and I managed to get all that I can done. Now it is up to the Knitting gods to cut me some slack. My house is a wreck, the dishes are piled a mile high, my laundry is overflowing, the dust is growing to be an inch thick, my cupboards are bare, BUT my Clapotis is done and I can rest knowing that I am an Olympian Knitter!

1 Comments:

Blogger taterbabies said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! You made it onto the podium! Congratulations! Against all odds. And lack of enough yarn. YES!!!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home