Sunday, February 26, 2006

Skating in under the wire!

Well I have finally finished. Work has been so crazy during this olympics that I was really worried I wouldn't make it but after I got through the first set of decreases it really sped up. I'm very happy with how it turned out and with the colors. I was planning to give it to my sister but now I'm going to have to struggle and figure out what to do. Here is a photo. I've loved seeing everyone's progress and all the different clapotis (clapotee?) and the different yarns everyone has chosen. I'm hoping Songbird publishes a photo as she used the same colorway as me but in a silk blend. I'd love to see how that looks different. Thanks to the organizers of this blog - it has made the olympic knitting even more fun. Wishing everyone happy clapotis wearing!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Songbird said...

Allison that looks beautiful! Mine is coming along slowly, and I don't think I'll be finished. It is knitting up smaller (I knew I was on the low side of the gauge, and I was right.), but is lovely to touch. Even if I don't finish today, I'll post a picture later.
Congratulations to you!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Alison, that looks great! Love the supermerino. I spent a few mornings at FTA this week while DD was in knitting camp. It really is a nice store. Hollis is an interesting woman. I hope to get back there soon.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the encouragement. I look forward to seeing yours Songbird. Did your daughter like the knitting camp Jocelyn? What did they teach them? Between FTA's superbowl sale and my trip to stitches I am trying to stay out of yarn stores for a few months to catch up - we'll see if that's possible!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home