Thursday, February 16, 2006

Why I may not win Gold

OK- I'm doing a personal best so far I think. Woo Hoo!!! But its not going to be enough to get gold I'm afraid. I know, I know - It's the trying and sportsmanship that counts. Don't get me wrong I'm still trying for gold becuse wouldn't that be cool!! But since it took my buddy Ailsa a month to knit her first clap (and she is a faster knitter than I) I dont think I have much hope.


What you see is about a quarter or slightly less than the whole clap. I'm actually a little further along than that now but have only dropped two stitches. So today is day 7, I think and 9 to go. I'm doing the math...... Three quarters to knit and less than three quarters of the time left..... It doesn't look too promising!

I'm knitting it from some georgeous hand painted mercerised cotton by Blue Heron Yarns in Easton Maryland (I have no idea where that is - but I will find out) that I bought at Greenwich Yarns and Stitchworks in San Fran when I was visiting the US last month. The colourway is called Spanish Dancer which sounds very exotic and its looking great. Its a little thinner than the yarn recommended in the pattern but I still managed close to gauge with 5mm straight needles. Its going to to be a pretty open slinky fabric kinda a clap when its done which I'm happy about.

I made and used zillions of little stitch markers until I realised (thanks to the Team Clap Blog) that I could just use purl stitches instead of a marker and boy that is working a treat!! I've had cheering and comments encuraging me to go for gold on my own blog which is pretty funny and motivating - You never know I may do us proud yet!! So I better stop blogging and start knitting!!!!!!!

Happy Knitting All :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger r said...

I have a Spanish Dancer Clapotis! I KNEW that's what your color was as soon as I saw it! It's a beautiful yarn! I used Blue Heron Rayon Metallic. I love it!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home