Saturday, February 11, 2006

Here's my progress from the opening ceremonies! I am not using markers as I did for my first Clapotis, which was heavy, crowded, and hurt my hands :) Instead, I am using a purl stitch to signify which stich to drop. I am also twisting my stitches before and after the purl on BOTH sides rather than just the knit side as described here. I think it makes the stitches on the edges nice and tight.

[edited 5 minutes later] - Can I just say "Ouchy!" this Noro is tough yarn... I've just had to put New Skin on the sore bits so I can keep knitting. It's also VERY twisty. I have to untwist every 2nd row, which will be a big pain when this thing gets large. Blegh!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're first Clapotis is beautiful. Also thanks for the tip about the purl stitch and stitching through the back on both sides. I didn't have enough time to make pretty stitch markers and I hate those stupid plastic ones, so the purl stitch is a cool idea.

Thanks for showing us your progress. I really like the color, even tho the yarn is killing your fingers.

1:57 PM  
Blogger jackie said...

wow--that looks FABULOUS, and i think it's worth the ouchie fingers! since this is my first clapotis, i am actually following the pattern almost as written, but if i do another one (and we all know i will!), i think i will use your purl stitch and no marker method. thanks for the tip!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home