Thursday, February 09, 2006

With good tools, all things are possible.

I am pretty sure that there are skaters out there who justify the purchase of new spandex and skates by their presence at the Olympics.

Therefore, I feel no guilt (none - none at all, I tell you) in purchasing some new Brittany needles for my Olympic Moment (where's my soft-focus, heartwarming profile narrated by Bob Costas, I ask you?).

So here is my bamboo yarn and my new needles: podium-ready, don't you think?

Best of luck to the entire membership of Team Clapotis and the rest of the Knitting Olympiad. May all your Olympic Dreams come true.

(Dog not included)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color of the bamboo yarn. I've never seen that yarn, but it looks so shiny and soft.

9:57 PM  
Blogger jill said...

It's shiny, but a bit on the stiff side - I think it will hold the structure of the clapotis pretty well.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Great yarn!

And, speaking as a non-professional figure skater who hangs out with some pretty awesome and talented young skaters who are competing, you BETCHA they go all out and buy new goodies any chance they get [can I tell you about the costume changes/selections at events?!] - so, fear not, you're following Olympic tradition! :)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home